With the current choices of memory and braining training programs out there, it can be confusing when it comes to making a decision. Which brain training program should I buy? Our friends at SharpBrains.com have come up with an excellent program evaluation checklist of 10 questions to help you. Each question includes a brief explanation of why that particular question is an important one to ask.
Which Brain Training Program Should I Buy?
* 5. Is it a structured program with guidance on how many hours per week and days per week to use it?
Cognitive training, or “Brain exercise”, is not a magic pill. You have to do the exercises in order to benefit, so you need clarity on the effort required.
* 6. Do the exercises vary and teach me something new?
The only way to exercise important parts of our brain is by tackling novel challenges.
* 7. Does the program challenge and motivate me, or does it feel like it would become easy once I learned it?
Good brain exercise requires increasing levels of difficulty.
* 8. Does the program fit my personal goals?
Each individual has different goals/ needs when it comes to brain health. For example, some want to manage anxiety, others to improve short-term memory…
* 9. Does the program fit my lifestyle?
Some brain exercise programs have great short-term results but are very intense. Others may be better over time
* 10. Am I ready and willing to do the program, or would it be too stressful?
Excess stress reduces, or may even inhibit, neurogenesis-the creation of new neurons-. So, it is important to make sure not to do things that stress us in unhealthy ways.
For the first 4 questions, go here.
Which brain training program should I buy? You’ll know the answer to this question after you’ve used this great list of questions.
Go ahead and share it with friends and family.